Your bike leasing from A to Z
Bike plan tailored to your needs
Maintenance at a time and place that suits you
Buying a bike is fun, leasing a bike is smart
More time for you
Avoid stress and traffic jams: from now on you will go to work and back in no time.
With an electric bike you can cover even greater distances.
Fully deductible cost
A salary package bike is financially worthwhile.
The cost is 100% deductible, whether you're buying or leasing.
Eco friendly & Healthy
Cycling benefits both your own health as well as that of the planet.
Less stress and CO2 for a better quality of life.
The financial aspect
100% deductible from corporate tax
Costs can be fully recovered through VAT administration
Use your bike to commute or visit customers
Is this your new bike?
Lease or purchase?
24/7 roadside assistance
Broken down on the side of the road? Employees can use our roadside assistance by calling our switchboard. With over 280 service centres dotted across Belgium, our partner AEDES will get you going in no time.
Give your team a boost
with a cargo bike
Joule's cargo bikes come in all shapes and sizes. You can choose the model that's right for you!
Urban Arrow Cargo L - Flightcase
From A to Z-ooming off!
Leasing a bicycle from Joule means biking without a care in the world. You get what you need and more.
Emma's Cowboy 4
Emma's leasing plan at Joule
Comprehensive damage and theft insurance
Choice of endless bikes
3 repair interventions per year
Annual inspection and servicing included
Delivery, maintenance and repair at a time and place that works for you
24/7 roadside assistance
A standard lease runs for 3 years and has a monthly cost.
Looking for pool bikes to buy? Contact us.
How does bike leasing work?
With an operational bicycle lease, you get a (electric) bicycle with a full service package. At Joule, you choose a term of 12, 24, 36 or 48 months. The package includes annual maintenance, damage and theft insurance and a breakdown assistance subscription. For this you pay a monthly lease price.
How does bicycle purchasing work?
The organization purchases bicycles, or intervenes in a group purchase for the staff. You can also choose a maintenance contract.
What is the difference between bicycle leasing and purchasing?
With bicycle leasing, you rent the bicycle. Joule remains the owner of your bike. With a purchase, on the other hand, you fully own the bike.
Can I lease a bicycle through Joule as an individual?
Unfortunately, no. A bicycle lease through Joule is only possible for companies, self-employed people or government organizations.
What are the benefits of a company bicycle?
Lets summarize the many benefits:
- Financial: a company bicycle is 40% cheaper than buying one yourself. As a self-employed person or employer, a bicycle is 100% tax deductible. As an employee, you don't pay any withholding tax or benefit in kind and you get a bicycle allowance on top of that.
- Functional: no more traffic jams and stress! With an (electric) bike you save time and can efficiently cover long distances to work.
- Healthy: biking regularly to work is good for your (mental) health.
- Ecological: if you choose a company bicycle, you help reduce CO2 emissions. So it's good for you and the planet.
What are the benefits of bicycle leasing?
- Leasing a bike through your company is about 40% cheaper than buying a bike at no additional cost to the employer. You pay for a leased bike on gross wages, which means you end up paying less NSSO, employer contributions and taxes. Moreover, the cost is spread over a period of 12, 24, 36 or 48 months.
- When you lease a bike from Joule, you also hop on your bike carefree. Your bike package includes annual maintenance, damage and theft insurance, and a roadside assistance subscription. You also choose how you want your bike repaired: at home or at a bike store nearby.
Is there a minimum purchase?
No. At Joule, every company is welcome, regardless of the number of employees. Even self-employed people without employees can come to us.
What is Joule?
Joule is a cycling partner for companies, independent workers and governments. Our mission is to get as many people as possible on their bikes. We take charge of the entire process of your bike plan, from concept to maintenance. We distribute more than 30 brands and have our own mechanics who deliver, maintain and repair the bikes. Minimum effort for maximum biking fun!
How can I lease a bicycle as a self-employed person?
For a bicycle lease for your employees, you should check out the section as 'employer'. If you want to lease a bicycle for your business, you can. If you use the bicycle for professional activities, the VAT is recoverable and the remaining cost is tax deductible. If you only use the bike for commuting, then the cost of the bike is only tax deductible.
Do I qualify for bicycle leasing?
Since bicycle leasing is a commitment for 1, 2, 3 or 4 years, we perform a financial verification based on your company data that focuses on solvency and liquidity. After approval, we immediately provide you with a digital contract. This process takes a maximum of 24 hours provided all data are available.
Can I lease a bicycle as a self-employed person in a secondary profession?
You can, provided your file is approved after financial verification.
Can I also purchase a company bicycle?
At Joule you can go for both leasing and purchase. You can also add a maintenance contract when purchasing (optional).
Does a benefit in kind apply to the leased bicycle?
There's no benefit in kind, provided that the bike is used regularly for commuting and/or professional activities.
Can I combine a bicycle lease with a company car?
You can, provided you take your bike to work on a regular basis.
Where can I view Joule's bicycles?
You can check out our entire collection on our (online) shop. In addition, we will visit you at work for test days or you can test the bike. Do you have questions about the bicycle? Chat with one of our employees, book a consultation session via the website or send us an email!
Can I order through a local dealer?
In addition to the wide range that Joule itself offers (be sure to check out our product site), you can visit your local bike store.
Can I also purchase the bikes?
At Joule you can lease ànd purchase bikes. If an employer buys a bike for his employee and the employee uses the bike regularly to commute, the same (para)fiscal benefits apply.
What service packages are available for leased bikes?
At Joule, you can choose between two maintenance packages for leased bikes:
- Mobile: the Joule mechanic comes to the workplace or your home for delivery, maintenance and repairs
- Pick-up: You pick your bike at your favorite bike store and visit them for maintenance and repairs.
Mobile: What brands are available?
Be sure to check out our full range on the online portal. You'll find these brands, among others: Gazelle, Koga, Oxford, Batavus, QWIC, Larry vs. Harry (Bullit), Urban Arrow Cargo, Tern, Achielle, Canyon, Cowboy, Takashi, Dahon, Velo de Ville, Venturelli, Carla cargo,...
Mobile service: how does it work?
Our mechanics visit you at work or at home for delivery, maintenance or repairs. During the maintenance you can continue to work in peace. Our mechanics ensure that your bike rides smoothly again.
Mobile service: How quickly do you arrive on site?
For an urgent repair we try to come by within 2 working days. If the repair is not urgent (the bike is still running), we will come by within 2 weeks.
Mobile: Does Joule work with its own mechanics?
Yes, our mobile teams travel around the country to repair your leased bike at your place of work. Joule not only has its own technical team but also a partner network of approved freelancers who come by for urgent repairs. The partner network meets the Joule quality standards and has the knowledge and spare parts to keep your bike in optimal condition.
Pick-up service: how does it work?
With pickup services, you visit your local bike store and request a quote for your favorite bike and accessories.
What is included in the service package?
Annual maintenance, comprehensive damage and theft insurance, a breakdown service subscription and a repair service.
What is included in damage and theft insurance?
With damage and theft insurance you are covered in case of damage due to vandalism, a fall, a collision, and (attempted) theft. If the insurance file is approved, only an insurance excess will be charged. Check whether you have an AG Insurance or AEDES package.
What is included in annual maintenance?
The annual maintenance of a bike will result in fewer problems, and therefore fewer repairs. Maintenance involves the performance of services with the goal of preventing wear and tear and repairs:
- lighting inspection and repair;
- greasing the chain;
- tire pressure check;
- retightening of all bolts;
- gear adjustment;
- check headstock play;
- software update;
- adjusting brakes and replacing brake pads;
- treat contact points.
What is included with roadside assistance?
If you have a breakdown on the road (even a flat tire) you can call for roadside assistance. This also applies in case of (attempted) theft or an accident . You benefit from assistance:
- throughout Europe (see general terms and conditions for insured countries);
- to twice a year;
- at least 1 kilometer from your home address.
What is included in the repair service?
These are interventions exclusive to annual maintenance or an insurance file following damage or theft. For example, for a flat tire or a loose fender.
- Mobile: you are entitled to recovery interventions for your chosen recovery credit.
- Pick-Up: you are entitled to recovery interventions for your chosen recovery credit.
How can I call Joule?
You can reach Joule at +3250892689. The line is available every working day from 09h00-18h00. The breakdown service is available 24/7. We will put you through via these shortcuts:
- General questions about bike leasing and purchasing.
- Joule operations: for information on repairs and maintenance.
- Breakdown assistance (have your policy number handy).
- Other questions or comments.
What happens if the employee leaves the company and ends the bike lease?
The agreements are established in the so called bicycle policy between your employer and employee. Usually there are 3 options:
- The employee can purchase the bicycle for its market value at that time.
- The employee may return the bicycle upon payment of an administrative fee.
- The employee can pass the bicycle to a colleague.
What happens when the lease ends?
At the end of the lease period, Joule will pick up the bicycle. Optionally, the cyclist can purchase the bike at market price.
What is the range of an electric bicycle?
Battery range depends on three crucial elements:
- Bike battery capacity: 400Wh, 500Wh, 630Wh or 1000Wh.
- Usage of battery: do you ride in eco or turbo mode?
- The weather conditions: in colder weather, the battery will not last as long.
Make sure to always put the battery inside when freezing!
What is belt drive?
A belt drive is a drive in which the chain is replaced by a plastic belt. The belt runs over two sprockets and is made of a strong stretch-resistant carbon fiber.
How do I take care of my bike's battery?
There are some important tips to keep your bike's battery in top condition. We list them for you in this blog article.
Does Joule also have cargo bikes?
Joule has a wide range of cargo bikes. From small cargo bikes for small businesses to the powerhouses that can carry up to 200kg. Discover the full cargo range here.